Dry Ice Health & Safety
As industry pioneers and Ireland’s leading dry Ice supplier, we understand we also have a responsibility to advise and inform. Dry ice is very safe to use if you follow some simple, common-sense guidelines.
Storing Dry Ice and Using It Safely
NEVER leave dry ice unattended around children or animals.
- The more dry ice you have stored in the container, the longer it will last. This means it’s important to have a delivery as close as possible to the time you will need the dry ice.
- Refrain from opening and closing the insulated container as much as possible. When you remove product from the container fill the empty space with wadded newspaper or Styrofoam sheets. Any “dead-air-space” will cause the dry ice to sublimate faster.
- It is important that you do not store dry ice in your refrigerator freezer as the extremely low temperature could cause your thermostat to turn off the freezer or damage the element.
- Use dry ice in a well-ventilated area
- DO NOT eat
- DO NOT put directly into drinks
- DO NOT touch with bare hands
- DO NOT store in an airtight container
- DO NOT inhale
- DO NOT leave dry ice unattended around children
To safely add dry ice to drinks use ChilliSticks – ChilliSticks are like swizzle sticks with an enclosed capsule on the end that holds the dry ice pellet. They create a fog effect when placed into a drink.
Our head office and manufacturing premises are located in Co. Laois, with depots in Santry Dublin, Little island Cork, and Portadown Armagh.
Unit 3 Portarlington In. Est.
Portarlington, Co. Laois
+353 (0)57 862 3860